Faculty & Staff - Irene Pintado
Irene Pintado, Ph.D.
Coordinator of MSHE Program
Office: Pohl 107
Office hours:Spring 2012 M & W 9:00 - 12:00, T 2:00 -4:00
- University of South Florida (Ph.D., Community and Family Health)
- University of Utah (M.Phil., Cellular and Viral Molecular Biology)
- Barry University (B.S., Biology and Math)
- Dr. Pintado became a member of the MUW faculty in the 2007. Prior to joining MUW, she was the Chronic Disease Prevention Coordinator, Tobacco Prevention and Control Coordinator for the Lee County Health Department in Fort Meyers, FL. She currently serves as the Coordinator of the M.S. in Health Education Program and holds the Emma Ody Pohl Endowed Chair position. Dr. Pinato’s recent grant activities include alcohol awareness in college students and using the media to promote cancer awareness. Her research interests include social marketing approaches for chronic disease prevention and evaluation methods for health education. Dr. Pintado spent many of her formative years in Venezuela and is fluent in Spanish.
- HKH 511 Research Methods in Health Education
- HKH 512 Health Program Planning and Implementation
- HKH 513 Health Program Evaluation
- HKH 514 Introduction to Epidemiology
- HKH 516 Survey of Human Diseases
Dr. Pintado's Vita